Night travel FrankfurtRheinMain
Frankfurt and the region are well-connected at night. The night busses in Frankfurt operate every night from Friday to Saturday, Saturday to Sunday or even U-Bahn (metros), S-Bahn (city trains) and local trains run before public holidays.
Thus, there are offers not only for night owls, but also for persons who come to or go from work at night.
S-Bahn in night service
There is a continuous night service on the lines S1-S5 and S8 for the nights of Friday to Saturday, Saturday to Sunday as well as before public holidays:
- S1: Every hour between Wiesbaden and Rödermark Ober-Roden
- S2:Every hour between Niedernhausen and Dietzenbach
- S3:Every hour between Darmstadt and Frankfurt South Station
- S4:Every hour between Kronberg and Frankfurt Central Station
- S5:Every hour between Friedrichsdorf and Frankfurt Central Station
- S8: Every hour between Wiesbaden and Hanau
Additional connections to the following routes are available from the Frankfurt Central Station at night from Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday:
- RB21/22 via Niedernhausen to Limburg
- RB41 via Gießen (with a connection to RB40 to Dillenburg) to Marburg
- RB51 via Offenbach and Hanau to Fulda
- RB51 via Offenbach and Hanau to Wächtersbach
- RB67 via Darmstadt to Mannheim
- RE70 via Groß-Gerau Dornberg to Biblis
- RB82 via Darmstadt Central Station to Erbach
- RB40 to Gießen (only Friday to Saturday)
U-Bahn in night service
- Line U4: every half an hour between Bockenheimer Warte and Seckbacher Landstraße. It establishes the connection between Konstablerwache and the Central Station.
- Line U8: every half an hour between South Station, Hauptwache and Heddernheim.
Both the lines intersect at Willy-Brandt-Platz so that all the three important night service stations are interconnected (Central Station, South Station and Konstablerwache).
Night busses in Frankfurt and in the region
The night buses operate from about 00:50 hours to around 4:00 hours through Frankfurt and in the region. The stop "Frankfurt Konstablerwache" is the central meeting and interchange point. There are also some other bus lines, which operate at night between 1 am and 4 am.
- Daily: Lines n1, n2, n3, n4, n5, n7, n8, n41, n62, n63, n71, n72 and n81
- Monday to Friday: Line n65
- All other local night buses operate Friday to Saturday, Saturday to Sunday and at night before Hesse-wide public holidays and possible Schulbrücke days. The night buses operate even in the night of the Rose Monday and on Pancake Tuesday.
All RMV tickets can be used for the night buses. The Tariff provisions (only in german) und Terms of carriage (only in german) of the RMV are applicable. The RMV-10-Minute-Guarantee is valid for the whole offer on night buses. This means that customers who travel in the night bus and who arrive at their destination with more than a ten-minute delay can claim the guarantee and can get a refund of their fare. The drivers can also provide a special service by calling a taxi for the passengers to the stop, if requested. Passengers can get off the bus between two stops where appropriate and safe. Refer to the Connection Information for all journeys of the night busses.
S-Bahn-Plan with night busses
(valid on weekends and before public holidays)
Use the Connection Information
You can use the Connection Search to find out the route and time of travelling home via bus and train.
- Individual item of information: Queries regarding a connection from A to B at a specific time.
- Live-Information: Search based on the current traffic situation
- Route schedule: Complete route from the start to the end stop with all the intermediate stops and departure times.
- Individual connection planner: If you use the same route frequently.