Numerous towns and districts in the RMV region also offer various travel options in the evenings and at weekends.
These are usually so-called:
- Shared taxis (AST)
- Regular taxis (ALT)
- On-demand buses or
- Connecting shared taxis (AT)
How the AST, ALT, on-demand buses and AT work
- You usually have to register your journey in advance.
- In the detailed view of your service information you will find the telephone number for registering your journey.
- The RMV tariff applies as the basis price. Some companies may also charge a surcharge due to the extra comfort (for example you get dropped off at your home).
- Otherwise, the AST, ALT and on-demand buses usually operate along set routes and usually depart from the main transport hubs such as rail stations or main squares.
- An exception: the connecting shared taxis (AT) which wait at various local points and for which the journey does not need to be booked in advance by phone.