- For all employees of the state
- valid for the whole of Hesse
Additional persons allowed
1st class use
yes, with 1 surcharge per journey or timed ticket surcharge
Transitional zone tariff
no, similar to the Hessenticket
On-call shared taxis (AST), on-call scheduled taxis etc.
yes, partly with surcharge (1 surcharge per person and journey or surcharge season ticket)
Use of IC train
no – as paper ticket
- The federal state of Hesse offers all state employees who are in a direct working or training relationship with the state or the state government parliamentary groups as well as officials and judges in active service, the StateTicket.
- The StateTicket is issued in paper form.
- It is valid in association with official valid photographic ID of the holder. Excluded are police who may use public transport, also in plain clothes/not in their uniform, with their Hesse Police ID.
- This ticket is only valid in Hesse within the transport networks RMV, NVV and in the Hessian part of the VRN (only in the Bergstraße district). On the network boundaries, it also partly applies beyond the border of Hesse. The exact area of validity is shown on the ticket.
- Additional persons may travel with the ticket – from Mondays to Fridays from 7.00 pm and all day on weekends and bank holidays in Hesse, one adult and any number children under 15 years may travel using this ticket free of charge.
Ticket issue points
The StateTicket is issued by the office.
The Hesse StateTicket is calculated jointly between the state of Hesse and the transport networks.
Hesse StateTicket - FAQ
1. Who receives the Hesse StateTicket?
The Hesse StateTicket is given to all employees of the state of Hesse who are in a direct working or training relationship with the state or the government parliamentary groups as well as officials and judges in active state service. As pensioners are no longer in active service they do not receive the StateTicket.
2. Is the StateTicket a valid ticket?
Yes, although you need to be able to show official valid photographic ID when travelling with the ticket. Policemen/women (also in plain clothes/not in their uniform) may present the Hessian Police duty pass/badge.
3. What does the ticket look like?
The Hesse StateTicket is a normal paper ticket.
4. In which area is the StateTicket valid?
This ticket is valid throughout the whole of Hesse within the transport networks RMV, NVV and in the Hessian part of the VRN (Bergstraße district). On the network boundaries, it also partly applies beyond the border of Hesse. The exact area of validity is shown on the ticket.
5. On which transport means can the StateTicket be used?
The StateTicket is valid on the transport means of the RMV, NVV and VRN: shared taxis, bus, S-Bahn, regional train, tram and underground. If surcharges are required, these must be paid. The ticket is not valid in IC and ICE trains. Furthermore, it is not possible to purchase IC train surcharge tickets from DB (German Rail) to use with the Hesse StateTicket.
6. When can I start to use the StateTicket?
The StateTicket is valid from 1. January 2018 and is re-issued by the relevant office.
7. Is the ticket only valid for travel to work?
No, the ticket is valid on all days of the year and offers unlimited travel in the transport networks of the RMV, NVV and in the Hessian part of the VRN (Bergstraße district).
8. Are there connecting tickets which go beyond the existing area of validity?
Regular travel tickets can be used for journeys outside the area of validity.
9. Can I use 1st class with the StateTicket?
The use of 1st class is possible with payment of a surcharge or surcharge season ticket. If people are travelling with you on the ticket in the evenings or at the weekends, a 1st class surcharge must also be purchased for each further person. With a surcharge season ticket (week, month or annual ticket), all additional persons may travel in 1st class without an additional surcharge.
For journeys which start or end outside the RMV region – e.g. from Kassel (NVV region) to Wiesbaden (RMV region) or the reverse, it is possible to purchase surcharge tickets to use in 1. class before the journey at a Deutsche Bahn AG (DB) sales outlet. For journeys in the 1 class within the VRN or the NVV region, the terms and conditions of the respective association apply.
10. What happens if I lose the StateTicket?
If you lose the StateTicket, you can request a new one free of charge from your office.
11. What happens if I have forgotten my ticket and there is a ticket inspection?
If you have forgotten your ticket and there is a ticket inspection, it is possible to reduce the fine to 7 euros administration fee by presenting your ticket to the company which conducted the inspection at a later date. Details of the exact contact persons and the deadline for this are given at the time of the ticket inspection.
12. Can my colleagues or friends borrow the StateTicket?
The ticket is personalised and cannot therefore be used by anyone else.
13. Can I take someone with me on the ticket in the evenings and at weekends?
You may take one adult and any number children under 15 years with you free of charge on the ticket on Mondays to Fridays from 7.00 pm and all day on weekends and bank holidays in Hesse.
14. What does the StateTicket cost?
As part of the recently negotiated wage agreement, all employees who are entitled will receive the StateTicket. With this, the state of Hesse is providing 51 million euros for the transport of its employees by bus and rail – an investment also in the environment as the StateTicket promises lower emissions.
15. Can I change or add something to the permitted travel or laminate the ticket?
The StateTicket is only valid in its original condition and may not be altered or laminated.
16. What do I do if changes are necessary e.g. a change in name?
Present your ticket to the relevant office and it will be updated with the correct details.
17. I already have a RMV season ticket which is valid beyond 01.01.2018. Can I cancel this prematurely?
Holders of RMV annual tickets are given special cancellation rights for 31.12.2017. Cancellation is possible with the transport company which issued the ticket and if you say that you will use the Hesse StateTicket in the future. The cancellation must be made in writing – a retroactive reimbursement is not possible.
Hesse StateTicket – map of area of validity
The map shows the area where the Hesse StateTicket may be used.
Map, updated: September 2017