DB surcharge for using IC/EC trains in the area covered by the RMV network
- Supplement for certain RMV season tickets
- Combines long-distance and local transport services throughout the network
- Allows RMV season ticket holders to use IC/EC trains operated by Deutsche Bahn in the area covered by the RMV network.
- The surcharge is based on Deutsche Bahn’s fares.
- IC/EC trains cannot be used with single tickets, day tickets, group day tickets, 9.00 tickets, 65-plus monthly/annual tickets, 65 monthly/annual tickets Frankfurt, SemesterTickets, a SchülerTicket Hessen, Landesticket Hessen, Hesse senior citizen ticket, CleverCard or KombiTicket.
- DB’s conditions apply on long-distance trains; hence, RMV’s conditions governing holders being accompanied by others and onward travel tickets do not apply.
- Surcharges can be purchased exclusively through DB’s own sales outlets.