- The Darmstadt Social Ticket is a discounted 9.00 monthly ticket for the use of public transport in the city of Darmstadt.
- On weekends and public holidays, the Social Ticket is valid all day.
- Weekdays from 7.00 p.m. and all day on weekends and public holidays, the ticket holder may be accompanied by one adult and any number of children under 15 years of age.
Onward travel ticket
Holder may be accompanied by other persons
Use for First Class travel
Yes, with 1 supplement per person per journey or supplementary season ticket
Dial-a-ride taxi service (AST), express bus, etc.
Yes, in some cases with a supplement (1 supplement per person per journey or supplementary season ticket)
Use of IC service
- Valid Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m. and all day at weekends and on public holidays.
- Valid for all RMV modes of transport for as many journeys as you like.
- Any start date may be selected, up to 8 weeks in advance.
- The monthly ticket is valid during the following month through the calendar day purchased and after until 5.00 am the next day..
- Can also be used outside the area it covers in conjunction with an RMV onward travel ticket.
Who is eligible for the Darmstadt Social Ticket?
- This is applicable for citizens of Darmstadt, who are currently using services according to
- The Second Book of the Social Code (SGB II),
- Chapter 3 or Chapter 4 of the Social Code, Twelfth Book (SGB XII), or
- The Asylum Seekers Benefits Act (AsylbLG).
- Groups of persons with a priority claim to benefits for the use of public transport are not entitled for this. These include in particular:
- Severely handicapped persons, who have a severely handicapped person’s ID card with the mark Gl (deaf), H (helpless), Bl (blind) or G or aG (considerably restricted mobility in road traffic),
- Students and trainees who are entitled to the Hesse student ticket,
- Job seekers within the framework of SGB II measures and asylum seekers within the framework of integration courses, provided that travel expenses are reimbursed for implementing the measure,
- Employees who are entitled to benefits offered by employers such as job tickets or similar benefits.
How to buy the Darmstadt Social Ticket?
- Anyone who receives benefits in accordance with SGB II applies for a discounted 9-hour monthly ticket at the Darmstadt job centre:
Groß-Gerauer Weg 3
Tel. (0 61 51) 428 54 301
- Anyone who receives benefits in accordance with chapter 3 or chapter 4 of Social Code Book XII or the AsylbLG should contact the Office for Social Affairs and Prevention. It issues an eligibility certificate with a validity of up to six months:
Amt für Soziales und Prävention
Frankfurter Straße 71
Tel. (0 61 51) 13-3179
- You can present your eligibility certificate together with an ID document at the HEAG mobilo customer centre at Luisenplatz or the RMV mobility centre at Darmstadt main station and buy a discounted 9-hour monthly ticket there.
Price and Applicability
- Price category Darmstadt city = journeys within Darmstadt city (tariff zone 4001):
35.70 Euros per month
- Price category 1 = journeys within the districts Kranichstein, Arheilgen, Wixhausen (tariff zone 4035) or Eberstadt (tariff zone 4045):
35.60 Euros per month
- Price category 2 = journeys from Darmstadt city (tariff zone 4001) to the districts Kranichstein, Arheilgen, Wixhausen (tariff zone 4035) or Eberstadt (tariff zone 4045) and vice versa:
35.50 Euros per month