Important fare regulations
Carriage of bicycles
- As a rule, bicycles are carried free of charge on RMV services.
- Passengers have no entitlement to take their bikes with them onto the service.
- Wheelchair users and passengers with pushchairs always have priority.
- The different types of vehicle lend themselves to the carriage of bicycles to different degrees.
- When boarding, please be guided by the cycle pictograms which indicate the doors for entry where there is suitable storage space.
- When there is pressure on capacity and other conflicts of interest, the staff will decide whether cycles can be carried.
- Transport companies can limit cycle carriage to specific times or exclude cycle carriage from specific trains and buses.
- The general conditions for the carriage of non-folding bicycles on RMV and the common conditions of carriage and fare regulations apply.
Information on vehicles and stops
Storage of cycles in the vehicle
- Double-decker trains: Belts for firmly securing the wheels are available in the multi-purpose compartments next to the fold-up seats.
- S-Bahn services: Please be guided by the cycle pictograms which indicate the doors for entry where there is suitable storage space.
- Buses and trains without a multi-purpose space: On these services, cycles may be carried only as an exception.
Find out the best way to access the platform and train with your bicycle from our information on vehicles, stations and stops. This information is available at