In the RMV-Ticket Shop all weekly, monthly and annual tickets whose regional validity is limited to the RMV area are issued in electronic form on the eTicket RheinMain. Tickets for cross-network fare zones are issued on paper.
If you are ordering such a ticket for the first time and you do not yet have an eTicket RheinMain (a smartcard), the eTicket will automatically be sent to you by post after your first order.
Please use your eTicket RheinMain repeatedly for subsequent orders by having your ticket electronically stored on the smartcard.
If you would like to order a ticket for students/apprentices or a 65-(plus) ticket in the RMV-TicketShop, you either need a smartcard with the proof of eligibility already stored on it (which you can obtain at RMV Sales Offices). Alternatively, ou can order a Schülerticket Hessen subscription or 65-plus annual season ticket subscription in the RMV-TicketShop by uploading the proof of eligibility as a file. Please follow the instructions during your order procedure.
With your smartcard you will also receive your meinRMV registration data. If you no longer have this data, please contact the RMV Service Hotline at 069 / 24 24 80 24. We will inform you of your transportation company, so that you can request your meinRMV registration data from them.
Please observe that you cannot yet register the smartcards for VGF (Frankfurt), ESWE (Wiesbaden), MVG (Mainz) and HEAG mobilo (Darmstadt) at meinRMV. Consequently, the smartcards for these companies cannot be used for purchases in the RMV-TicketShop.
How to purchase a ticket with your smartcard
To use your smartcard for additional purchases in the RMV-TicketShop, please proceed as follows:
- First of all, your smartcard must be registered at meinRMV, so that we are able to allocate it to you when you make your next purchase. The first step for you is to create a user profile in "meinRMV" at www.rmv.de. During the registration process for "meinRMV", please sign up for the service "RMV-TicketShop und management for eTicket RheinMain smartcards".
- After registering, you can activate your smartcard for online purchases and other services in the "meinRMV" section. To do so, select the menu item "eTicket RheinMain Services" in the navigation "Managing my smartcards".
- Enter your smartcard number and the corresponding password there under "Register smartcard". After registering your smartcard at meinRMV, you can use it for other purchases in the RMV-TicketShop.
When you begin placing your order in the RMV-TicketShop, tick "I would like to store my ticket on my smartcard (eTicket RheinMain) registered at meinRMV" when indicating the first day of validity and area covered.
By doing so, your registered smartcard, on which the ticket is to be electronically stored, will be immediately shown to you during the order transaction.
Another advantage of purchasing your season ticket on a registered smartcard is the shorter advance booking period because delivery by post is irrelevant. Your ticket is made available to you for pickup as an "electronic ticket" on a so-called action list with the help of your smartcard within 2 days after placing your order.
More information on this topic can be found
- in the article Easily update the eTicket RheinMain
- or in the following explanatory film (only available in German).