Mainz: Night lines
In Mainz and the surrounding region, the night lines 50, 51, 52, 66, 90, 91, 92 and 99 will get you from A to B until late at night.
Questions and answers on the Night lines
On which days do the Night lines operate?
- The night lines operate daily until late at night - with the exception of bus route 99, which only operates during the night at weekends and before bank holidays.
At what times do the Night lines operate?
- From Sunday to Thursday, the night lines operate from the city to the suburbs until 1.00 a.m. In addition, bus lines 50 and 90 also offer a night journey at approximately 2.05 a.m. and 3.05 a.m. This means that some suburbs have an around-the-clock service also during the week.
- On Fridays, Saturdays and before bank holidays, trams and buses operate until ca. 4.00 a.m.
- The main interchange station is "Mainz central station". The Night lines meet here at 0.00 (only Sundays to Thursdays as the day routes operate until 1.00 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays) and at 1.00 a.m. On Friday nights, the buses and trams operate hourly from 1.00 a.m. to 6.00 a.m., on Saturdays nights until 8.00 a.m.
- Bus line 99 travels at different times: on Fridays and Saturdays, it departs at 11.50 p.m. from the central station towards EuroPalace, on Saturdays and Sundays at 3.25 a.m. from EuroPalace back to central station.
Where do the Night lines travel to?
- Tram line 50: Hechtsheim - Mainz Innenstadt - Finthen
- Tram line 51: Lerchenberg - Finthen
- Tram line 52: Hechtsheim - Bretzenheim
- Bus line 66: Nieder-Olm - Hechtsheim
- Bus line 90: Weisenau - Mainz city centre - Finthen
- Bus line 91: Ginsheim - Kostheim - Mainz Innenstadt - Lerchenberg
- Bus line 92: Laubenheim - Mainz city centre - Gonsenheim
- Bus line 99: Mainz city centre - Kastel
Which tickets are valid on the Night lines?
- All RMV tickets can be used.
- The RMV tariff terms (only in german) and conditions and transport terms (only in german) apply.
- Passengers can also ask the bus driver to drop them off in between stops (where it is safe to do so).
- All Night line journeys as well as the late journeys with the normal routes are included in the Routes enquiry.
- If you have any questions, please contact the RMV hotline.