Beyond the rail connections of S-Bahns (city trains) and local trains as well, the RMV offers attractive connections with short travel times and direct routes in the Rhein-Main-Region with the Express bus lines.
In the RMV area, 19 Express bus lines make a fast and comfortable complement to the train. 14 of those run like a ring around Frankfurt and are spread far into the region. An additional line relays the concept in the region and operates between Marburg and Gladenbach.
With the Express buses, the RMV makes an attractive offer to the passengers even where the train does not travel directly.
Express bus ring around Frankfurt
The Express bus network is not directed towards Frankfurt in a star-shaped manner like the railway lines; rather, it connects the places on the periphery of the Main metropolis directly with one another. Thereby, the trip into and again out of Frankfurt city centre, often linked to detours, has become unnecessary.
Thanks to the cross-connections, it is not necessary for passengers to change trains or buses and they save time. In addition to the attractive travel times, the Express bus lines stop at central stations and are also directed towards optimised changeovers.
Overview of RMV Express bus lines
- Line X17: Hofheim – Hattersheim – Frankfurt Flughafen Terminal 1 – Neu-Isenburg
- Line X19: Obertshausen – Heusenstamm – Neu-Isenburg – Frankfurt Flughafen Terminal 1
- Line X26: Wiesbaden – Hofheim – Königstein – Oberursel – Bad Homburg
- Line X27: Königstein – Kronberg – Oberursel – Bad Homburg – Karben – Nidderau
- Line X38: Gladenbach – Niederweimar – Marburg
- Line X39: Alsfeld – Schrecksbach – Treysa
- Line X40: Gladenbach – Biedenkopf
- Line X57: Hanau Freiheitsplatz – Maintal – Frankfurt-Enkheim (Hessen-Center)
- Line X64: Obertshausen – Hanau Hauptbahnhof – Freiheitsplatz (Forum)
- Line X71: Darmstadt – Groß-Umstadt – Wiebelsbach
- Line X72: Wiesbaden – Kirberg – Limburg
- Line X74: Darmstadt – Münster – Eppertshausen – Ober-Roden
- Line X76: (Miehlen –) Nastätten – Kemel – Wiesbaden
- Line X78: Darmstadt – Groß-Zimmern – Klein-Zimmern – Semd
- Line X79: Bad Schwalbach – Schlangenbad – Walluf
- Line X83: Langen – Dreieich – Neu-Isenburg – Offenbach
- Line X89: Weilburg – Weilmünster – Grävenwiesbach
- Line X93: Erlensee Gewerbepark Nord – Hanau Hauptbahnhof
- Line X97: Bad Vilbel – Frankfurt – Offenbach
RMV rail network map and express bus lines
All S-Bahn, underground services and express bus lines in the Greater Frankfurt RheinMain area.
Valid from 15. December 2019