For everyone who likes going out at night in Darmstadt and the district Darmstadt-Dieburg, there are many buses and trams operating late at night on weekends and before bank holidays.
Questions and answers on the NightLiners
What night services are there?
- NightLiner: NightLiners are trams and buses which ensure a safe journey home in Darmstadt and the district Darmstadt-Dieburg.
- Night bus n71: The night bus operates daily between Darmstadt and Frankfurt.
- Services with night journeys: In addition, several bus routes also operate at night on weekends.
On which days do the NightLiners, night buses and routes which travel at night operate?
- The NightLiners operate at weekends, from Friday to Saturday and from Saturday to Sunday.
- For night owls, the NightLiners also operate on all carnival days and on the nights before Corpus Christi, Ascension Day and Day of German Unity.
- Night bus n71 operates daily.
At what times do the NightLiners, night buses and routes which travel at night operate?
- NightLiners: The buses and trams operate between 10.00 p.m. and 3.00 a.m. The main interchange station for all lines which travel via Darmstadt city centre is "Darmstadt Luisenplatz".
- Night bus n71: One bus departs from "Darmstadt Landskronstraße" at 1.10 a.m. and a second bus from "Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof Pl. 19" at 2.08 a.m. They travel via "Hügelstraße/Volksbank" to "Luisenplatz" and on to Frankfurt. A third journey departs at 3.38 a.m. from "Luisenplatz" and travels to Neu-Isenburg to "Isenburgzentrum West".
In Frankfurt, the journey to Darmstadt departs at 2.35 a.m. and 3.35 a.m. from "Konstablerwache". This means there are connections to and from the local night services in Darmstadt and Frankfurt.
Where do the NightLiners, night buses and routes which travel at night travel to?
- NightLiner 4/5: Darmstadt-Kranichstein - Luisenplatz - Hauptbahnhof
- NightLiner 7/8: Alsbach - Eberstadt - Luisenplatz - Arheilgen
- NightLiner 8N: Darmstadt-Eberstadt - Seeheim-Jugenheim - Bickenbach - Alsbach - Hähnlein
- NightLiner 9: Griesheim - Luisenplatz - Böllenfalltor
- NightLiner H: Darmstadt Anne-Frank-Straße – Kranichstein Kesselhutweg / Alfred-Messel-Weg
- NightLiner O: Darmstadt Böllenfalltor - Ober-Ramstadt - Ober-Modau - Ernsthofen - Brandau
- NightLiner P: Darmstadt Eberstadt Wartehalle - Pfungstadt Bahnhof
- NightLiner PE: Darmstadt Eberstadt Wartehalle - Pfungstadt Bahnhof - Eschollbrücken
- Night Liner F/U: Darmstadt Oberwaldhaus – Messel / Urberach
- NightLiner 671: Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof - Groß-Umstadt – Wiebelsbach / Babenhausen
- NightLiner 678: Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof – Reinheim – Wiebelsbach Sportplatz
- NightLinier WE1 / WE2: Darmstadt – Weiterstadt – Worfelden / Erzhausen Bahnhof
- Nachtbus n71: Frankfurt - Neu-Isenburg - Langen - Darmstadt
Which tickets are valid on the NightLiners, night buses and routes which travel at night?
- All RMV tickets can be used.
- The RMV tariff terms (only in german) and conditions and transport terms (only in german) apply.
- Outside the Darmstadt city area, passengers on the n71 night bus can ask the bus driver to drop them off between stops (where it is safe to do so).
- The timetables listed with tprovide information on all night services.
- All NightLiner journeys and other night journeys are included in the Routes enquiry .
- If you have any questions on the night buses, please contact the RMV hotline.