- Children of up to and including 5 years of age travel free of charge in the area covered by the RMV network and cross-network fare zones.
- They must be accompanied by the holder of a valid ticket for the entire route.
- Different regulations may apply to children’s groups - see Children's groups.
- Single tickets and day tickets are available for children of 6 - 14 years of age at a reduced price.
Season tickets: Special offers for children and young people
Schülerticket Hessen: annual ticket
1 year, 1 euro per day, 1 ticket: That's the new flat rate for public transport! With a Schülerticket Hessen, students and apprentices can use bus and train services throughout Hesse - even in the holidays.
CleverCard: annual ticket for special zones
The CleverCard is available for the area Mainz (for details contact the MVG in Mainz) and for the following cross-network relations:
- Rhein-Nahe-Nahverkehrsverbund (RNN): tariff zones 68XX and 69XX
- Westerwaldkreis: tariff zones 70XX, 7001 and 72XX
- Rhein-Lahn-Kreis: tariff zones 74XX and 75XX
- Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Mosel: tariff zone 7310
- Schoolchildren in Mainz who hold an RMV-CleverCard can travel for less when they use it together with a FRITZ supplementary ticket which extends the CleverCard’s validity to the Rhein-Nahe-Nahverkehrsverbund (RNN) network.
- Apprentices can supplement their season ticket with the Vocational Training Pass for travel to their training location when this is outside the area covered by their season ticket.
- For shorter periods, apprentices can purchase a Monthly ticket for pupils and apprentices or a Weekly ticket for pupils and apprentices.