So-called on-demand shuttles are on the road in the RMV area. These are flexible transport services that can be booked digitally via app, but also by telephone. The shuttles in the service areas can be ordered to where they are needed, at the time they are needed. These offers are the entry into flexible, shared, climate-friendly and barrier-free mobility.
Passengers book their journey within the service areas and times when they want, without a stored timetable. The app shows how much the journey will cost and when the vehicle will arrive. They are picked up either at an existing stop or at a virtual stop displayed in the app. In this case, virtual means that the stop is not recognisable as such like normal stops in local public transport (with a stop pole, route information, timetable information and, if applicable, a stop shelter). Instead, there are fixed points in the city area that are stored in the app as virtual stops and are usually no further than 250 metres apart.
The algorithm always calculates the most efficient journey options for all passengers and clubs individual journeys on a similar route in one vehicle. This means that, just like in a bus, passengers can still get on or off along the way.
The fleet is purely electric and charged with green electricity. This means that all passengers are travelling in an environmentally friendly way and are actively contributing to climate protection.
The vehicles offer space for prams, rollators and wheelchairs. There is also enough space on the outside of the interior to sit comfortably. At the same time, electric sliding doors allow passengers to enter and exit comfortably.
- RMV Frankfurt: Bonames, Harheim, Nieder-Eschbach, Nieder-Erlenbach
- Kreisverkehrsgesellschaft Offenbach (kvgOF): Neu-Isenburg, Dreieich, Langen, Egelsbach, Mühlheim, Obertshausen, Heusenstamm, Dietzenbach, Rodgau, Rödermark, Hainburg, Seligenstadt, Mainhausen
- HEAG mobilo: Darmstadt
- Rheingau-Taunus-Verkehrsgesellschaft: Taunusstein
- Stadtlinienverkehr Limburg: Limburg a. d. Lahn
- Main-Taunus-Verkehrsgesellschaft (MTV): Hofheim
- Hanauer Straßenbahn (HSB): Hanau
- Lokale Nahverkehrsgesellschaft Kreis Groß-Gerau (LNVG GG): Kelsterbach
- Darmstadt-Dieburger Nahverkehrsorganisation (DADINA): Landkreis Darmstadt-Dieburg
A trip with the shuttles is significantly less expensive than the cost of a taxi. However, we charge a small comfort surcharge compared to classic public transport. With a valid RMV ticket, such as a monthly pass or a JobTicket, there is a discount on the fare. You can find out the exact prices from the respective project partners.
The joint project OnDeMo is running as a pilot project until 31.12.2024.