Frequently asked questions
Here you will find the frequently asked questions (FAQ) about our offer and the most important topics.
Search results for "":
The following tickets are available via RMVgo as RMV-HandyTicket (also applicable for the transition tariff zones).
- Deutschland-Ticket (available for sale in advance)
- Short distance ticket for adults and children
- Single ticket for adults and children
- Single supplement
- Day ticket for adults and children
- Group day ticket
- Weekly ticket for adults
- Monthly ticket for adults
- 9-o’clock monthly ticket for adults
- Hessian ticket
- Weekly ticket with supplement
- Monthly ticket with supplement
- annual season ticket for adults
- 9 o'clock annual season ticket for adults
- Supplementary ticket
- RMV-SparPass (no ticket)
- Discounted tickets (short-distance, one-time and day tickets) for the RMV-SparPass
DB online tickets can be purchased in the current version of RMVgo.
Depending on the availability of the mobile network, the transfer of tickets may be delayed. Please ensure that you have an internet connection throughout the entire purchase process.
- If a purchased ticket is not immediately shown on the display or listed under "Tickets", please refresh the page again.
- If the ticket is still not visible under “My Tickets”, please log out and log in again. You can find this function under the menu item “More” > “My Account”.
- Please note: If you purchased a ticket while logged in, you must also be logged in to show the ticket in RMVgo.
If, despite these measures, no ticket is displayed, please use our contact form and, if necessary, switch to another sales channel (e.g. ticket machine) at short notice. If there is an error in our systems, a refund of the ticket price can be arranged.
The following payment methods are available in RMVgo:
- meinRMV customer account
- PayPal (can also be purchased without meinRMV login)
- RMV-PrepaidDiscount (for the purchase of short distance tickets, single tickets, and single supplement)
According to the general conditions of carriage, each passenger is under obligation to possess a valid ticket at the time of departure and to be able to show it at any given point in time. That is applicable for RMV-HandyTicket as well. The excuse of “My battery is discharged” is not valid during a check and will only lead to an increased transportation charge levied by the control staff.
The tickets are saved in the app on the smartphone. So you can always show it, even if you don't have cell service. The tickets are stored in the bottom tab under the menu item “Tickets” > “My Tickets”. In the ticket detail view of an active ticket, the control view can be opened using the button contained therein.
If you have purchased a season ticket in advance, the control view will only be displayed once the ticket has become valid. Please note: If you purchased a ticket while logged in, you must also be logged in to show the ticket in RMVgo. You can log in in the “More” > “My Account” area.
The last ten purchased tickets are stored in chronological order in the “My Tickets” overview.
The RMV-HandyTicket also contains the first and last name of the RMV-HandyTicket user. This information will be requested during the ordering process in RMVgo. For ticket inspections, you must carry an official photo ID (e.g. ID card, passport, driver's license) and show it to the inspection staff if necessary.
Search results for "":
Often the ticket must be shown while boarding the bus. There is a reader device with a digital display. An optical and an acoustic signal shows that the ticket is valid. Then "OK", a green light or a green check mark appears on the display.
No fixed inspection devices are installed in the rail vehicles. Here, the ticket checkers of the transport company continue to check. The buses also continue to have inspectors, mainly where there are no inspection devices (for example in some urban transport). The inspectors carry readers for the eTicket RheinMain.
tickets - can be saved again and again on the eTicket RheinMain. You can buy your new ticket in any outlet marked with the blue eTicket logo, online in the RMV-TicketShop or at a RMV ticket machine. Important: Always carry your Chip card, because this is the carrier for your ticket.
RMV season tickets are saved electronically on the eTicket RheinMain. So, the eTicket can be repeatedly used for purchasing tickets. Even if your eTicket is "empty", that is no ticket is saved at present, retain the eTicket RheinMain for the next purchase of the season ticket. It must be exchanged for a new one after 5 years at the most.
Lost or no longer verifiable Chip cards with valid travel permission are replaced against payment of 10.00 Euro. If the Chip card is evidently defective, there shall be no cost for the replacement card.
If you are registered for "meinRMV" with your eTicket RheinMain, you can block the Chip card directly online and shall get a replacement Chip card within a few days by post, which is an electronic copy of your original eTicket RheinMain. If this needs to be faster, you may be issued the replacement Chip card directly at the outlet as well.
If you have not registered your Chip card, you will get a replacement at the outlet only by presenting the receipt which you received when your Chip card was first issued to you. Your lost eTicket RheinMain is blocked. All the tickets saved on it are replaced - the transferable ones also.
If you also make use of additional offers with the eTicket RheinMain, you must inform the respective dealer the new Chip card number. Similarly, for the replacement card, you will get new registration data for managing the Chip card at meinRMV.
Customers, who have acquired their eTicket RheinMain at VGF (Frankfurt), ESWE (Wiesbaden) and HEAG mobilo (Darmstadt), please ask your respective sales partner, which services are available for you.
1. Ticket data The Chip card saves the acquired season ticket, that is, what is the ticket type, for which tariff zone it is applicable and for how long. In all, up to eight current tickets and tickets expired recently can be saved. For the purpose of data economy, the old entries are overwritten one after the other from the ninth entry onwards.
2. Personal data All personal data is only used for purposes that help in smooth functioning of the eTicket-RheinMain process. So, in case of personal tariff products, like the personal annual ticket or the student ticket Hesse, the name of the holder in masked form as well as the date of birth and the gender are saved in the Chip of the eTicket RheinMain. Saving in masked form means that only the first letter of the first name and the last name are saved in clear text. In case of all transferable tariff products, only the data of the ticket is saved in the Chip but no personal data is saved.
3. Transaction data for reasons of transparency, the last 10 transactions (checking processes and ticket purchases) are saved on the Chip card. The eTicket RheinMain offers highest security to its users with respect to data protection.
Processing of personal data occurs in compliance with the applicable Data Protection Act of the State of Hesse (HDSG) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). The data protection supervisory authorities have also been involved right at the time of developing the procedure. All data protection regulation requirements like transparency, data economy and deletion options are fulfilled. And you can be very sure: Forming personal movement profiles is excluded!
Search results for "":
No, the cheaper tickets to Frankfurt are applicable only to the Frankfurt “district fare zones” (5001-5010, 5012 und 5059), which are close to the start location or the start tariff zone. If you would like your ticket to be valid in the entire city area including the airport, please inform the sales staff about the same or enter the destination no. "5000" into the vending machine. Due to the bigger territorial validity, the ticket price will consequently increase, however.
No, the journeys to the airport are not affected by these benefits. An exception is the journey between Schwanheim and the airport – now city price level 3, Frankfurt.