- For pupils and apprentices
- For as many journeys as required within the area covered
Onward travel ticket
Holder may be accompanied by other persons
Use for First Class travel
Yes, with 1 supplement per person per journey or supplementary season ticket
Dial-a-ride taxi service (AST), express bus, etc.
Yes, in some cases with a supplement (1 supplement per person per journey)
Use of IC / EC service
Yes, with IC surcharge ticket
yes, except for cross-network fare zones
- For use on all RMV modes of transport in the authorised fare zones.
- Valid for pupils, apprentices, students, visiting pupils, pupils on exchanges, work experience students and gap year students engaged in voluntary social or environmental work. The full list is printed on the order form.
- The monthly ticket usually comprises of the paper customer card and paper token or is issued as eTicket RheinMain (smartcard) with the proof of eligibility and ticket. The travel permit for the respective year is stored on the chip.
- The monthly ticket charged at training rate is only valid when presented with a paper customer card or proof of eligibility stored on the smartcard. The customer card number must be entered onto the token using a ball-point pen. The customer card and the token must have the same number.
RMV Customer Card / proof of eligibility:
- Normally valid for the whole academic/training year.
- Must be ordered and collected from a public transport company
- Order forms are available:
- as a PDF file - only in German
- at all RMV distribution outlets and RMV Mobility Centres
- from public transport companies
- For applicants of 18 years of age or older, it must be signed by someone at the training centre. Up to the age of 18, official proof of age is sufficient.
Monthly token / ticket:
- The monthly ticket is valid during the following month through the calendar day purchased and after until 5:00 a.m. the next day.
- Choose your own start date: at RMV distribution outlets up to 8 weeks, at RMV ticket machines up to 4 weeks in advance.
- They are available:
Information on the eTicket RheinMain
- At RMV ticket machines bearing the eTicket logo the monthly ticket for pupils and apprentices is issued as eTicket RheinMain. Only tickets for RMV cross-network fare zones are still issued on paper. This means:
- You must have a smartcard and eligibility for using the ticket charged at the training rate must be stored on it. If the eligibility time window corresponds to the ticket selection, the monthly ticket for the RMV area is solely issued as an electronic ticket. If the selection does not correspond, a ticket cannot be purchased.
- Mixing eTicket and paper format (eligibility on the eTicket and monthly ticket as a token or vice versa) is not possible.
We have a special city tariff in Frankfurt. Monthly tickets for Frankfurt are valid in the entire city area including the airport (fare zones 5000 and 5090).
The following prices apply for the city area (tariff zones 5000 and 5090):
- Monthly ticket for pupils and apprentices: 83.90 euros
Monthly tickets in Frankfurt are only available at RMV sales offices and at RMV ticket vending machines. Monthly tickets cannot be purchased at the bus ticket office.
RMV customer card for pupils and apprentices - order form (only in German)
The order form for print. You can obtain larger number of order forms (for example for schools) at your relevant transport company or your local public transport organisation.
As on: February 2022