CleverCard is offered for Mainz (tariff zone 6500) and also for trips to the transition tariff zones of Rhein-Nahe-Verkehrsverbund, Westerwaldkreis and Rhein-Lahn-Kreis.
The monthly students' ticket for Hesse can be used for other connections.
only for the CleverCard in Mainz (tariff zone 6500) - no connecting tickets can be purchased with CleverCards in the transition tariff zones
Feasibility of taking along other persons
Use of 1st class
yes, with 1 surcharge per person and per journey or with season ticket surcharge
partial - CleverCard can be issued for trips in the following transition tariff zones:
Call and collect taxi (AST), Express bus etc.
yes, to some extent with surcharge (1 surcharge per person and per journey or surcharge season ticket)
Use of IC
partly - not for CleverCards in the transition tariff zones; For details, see eTicket RheinMain
- CleverCard is available for passengers from 6 years up to and including 17 years of age (proof of age is sufficient) and for older students, guest students, exchange students, trainees and participants in a voluntary social service year, voluntary ecological service year or equivalent social services like the Federal Volunteers Service (the complete list of authorised claimants is printed on the order form). From the age of 18 onwards, the proof on the order form is provided by the school/ training organisation and must be submitted with the order.
- The authorised claim must exist for at least six months from the 1st day of validity.
- It is applicable daily during the school time in the tariff zones covered by the ticket for any number of trips.
- It is accepted in the Hessian school holidays (without flexible holidays) in the entire RMV area. This also includes the directly adjoining weekends (Saturday/Sunday) and holidays before and after the holiday period. It can also be used in the entire region of the transport association on the last day of school before holidays start. CleverCards, which are acceptable in a transition tariff zone, are valid in the entire RMV area in the Hessian school holidays (without flexible holidays). However, in the transition tariff zones, they are only valid in the areas covered by CleverCard.
- It consists of the CleverCard ID and 12 monthly tokens or is issued as an eTicket RheinMain.
- The CleverCard is available as a subscription or without automatic renewal.
- The CleverCard without subscription is valid from the 1st of any calendar month for 12 consecutive months and is not renewed automatically. The order form must be submitted at the latest till the 10th of the preceding month.
- The contract for CleverCard can be terminated before it expires only for a valid reason such as change of school, relocation, hardship or inability to travel. The termination shall take place through the transport undertaking with whom the contract was made. The termination must normally be in writing via email or a letter. Please enquire at the issuing company for the precise modalities.
- In case of loss of the CleverCard as eTicket RheinMain, replacement is against payment of a processing fee amounting to 10.00 Euro.
Price and Coverage
- The price of a ticket depends on the used tariff relationship. Please use our Tariff information for determining the fare and print the list "Approved cities/municipalities".
Points of sale
- RMV outlets for eTicket RheinMain
- Students entitled for free rides by the schools or by the education authority of the city or district administration
CleverCard can be purchased up to 8 weeks in advance. You can download the order form for CleverCard from our website Tickets order form.
Terms of payment
- 2 % discount upon payment in advance
- Via direct debit in twelve monthly payments
- The CleverCard subscription is available with yearly or monthly payment.
- The CleverCard subscription can be cancelled at the end of each month. If the subscription is not cancelled, it is extended automatically by another year. The cancellation is done by the transport company with which the subscription has been made. The cancellation must normally be in writing via email or letter not later than the 10th of the last desired month of validity. Please enquire at the issuing company for the precise modalities.
- If the subscription is cancelled within the first 12-month period, the price of the corresponding monthly pass is calculated for every month of use.
- After the 12-month period lapses, the subscription can be cancelled any month without additional assessment.
- Our common conditions of carriage (only in german) and fare regulations (only in german) apply.
- Special conditions for CleverCard (valid from 01.01.2019)