- Choose your own start date
- Every day from 7 p.m. and on weekends and public holidays all day: take one adult and as many children under 15 as you like free of charge
- The monthly ticket is valid during the following month through the calendar day purchased and after until 05:00 am the next day
- Also available as RMV mobile ticket
Onward travel ticket
Holder may be accompanied by other persons
Yes, but not as RMV mobile ticket
1st class usage
Yes, with 1 surcharge per person and trip or with season ticket surcharge
Yes, but not as RMV mobile ticket
Dial-a-ride taxi service (AST), express bus, etc.
Yes, in some cases with a supplement (1 supplement per person per journey or supplementary season ticket)
Use of IC / EC service
Yes, with DB-supplement
Yes, no cross-network fare zones - for details visit eTicket RheinMain
RMV mobile ticket
Yes, only partially for transitional tariff areas - please see monthly tickets as mobile tickets for details
- Valid for all RMV modes of transport for as many journeys as you like during the validity period of the ticket.
- Any start date may be selected, at points of sale and at the RMV TicketShop up to 8 weeks, at a ticket machine up 4 weeks. If you want to buy the ticket for the first time at a ticket machine You need a chipcard which is available at the RMV sales offices.
- The monthly ticket is valid during the following month through the calendar day purchased and after until the end of business day (about 05:00 am the next day).
- Can also be used outside the area it covers in conjunction with an RMV onward travel ticket.
Monthly tickets as RMV mobile tickets
- In the new RMV app RMVgo monthly tickets are available for prior purchase: Tickets can be bought seven days before the ticket starts to be valid.
- The RMV monthly ticket as a mobile ticket is personalised for one person and cannot be transferred to another person after purchase. The name of the ticket holder must be stated at the time of purchase. During a ticket inspection, the ticket holder can be verified and must provide an official photo ID.
- To increase security, the RMV monthly passes in the app are updated once a day via the Internet. Please go online before you start your journey and open the app. The "Valid from" field in mobile ticket will then be updated to the current date, and the "Valid to" field will continue to show the date of the last valid day of the monthly ticket. The date of purchase is displayed unchanged in the "Purchased on" field. During every check, the current date must be visible on the ticket, but an Internet connection is then not necessary.
- To buy a monthly ticket as a RMV mobile ticket, you need a myRMV user account. Payment is made via the payment method stored in the myRMV user account or PayPal.
- If you are unable to present your RMV monthly ticket as an RMV mobile ticket during a check, the increased transport charge (EBE) may be reduced to 7 euros subsequently under certain conditions. For this, please contact the transport company directly, which has imposed the increased transport charge. The contact details of the company are given on the EBE document.
We have a special city tariff in Frankfurt. Monthly tickets for Frankfurt are valid in the entire city area including the airport (fare zones 5000 and 5090).
The following prices apply for the city area (tariff zones 5000 and 5090):
- Monthly ticket for adults: 97.90 euros
Monthly tickets in Frankfurt are only available at RMV sales offices and at RMV ticket vending machines. Monthly tickets cannot be purchased at the bus ticket office.
- Some towns, cities and districts in the RMV area supply tickets subject to certain conditions. For more information, please click on local tickets.
- Online at the RMV TicketShop, also available in advance
- RMV ticket machine (only available with eTicket)
- RMV Mobility Centres and RMV distribution outlets, available up to 8 weeks in advance
- Only with the RMV-HandyTicket (mobile ticket)
- Available from the bus driver for some public transport companies (only as a paper ticket)